The South Australian Broadband Research & Education Network (SABRENet) is a fibre-optic broadband network linking major Research & Education sites in metropolitan Adelaide, South Australia.
SABRENet Ltd (is a non-profit company formed by the SABRENet Members.
The strategic goals of SABRENet Ltd are to
- Build own and operate core infrastructure;
- Interconnect South Australia’s R&E sector;
- Link South Australia’s R&E sector with the rest of the world;
- Drive the deployment and effective use of bandwidth-dependent applications for R&E;
- Link public and private sector R&E;
- Provide value to the SABRENet Members; and
- Provide leadership on broadband issues within the R&E sector.
This site allows you find out more about SABRENet and download key documents.
The SABRENet Board is pleased to announce that Ralph Leonard has been appointed as the new CEO of SABRENet and commenced duties on 12 June 2012.
Ralph joins SABRENet from the SA Government Digital Economy and Technology Directorate where he was the Manager, Broadband and Digital Environments. Ralph’s background and experience will bring an excellent mix of management, customer engagement and technical expertise to the role.
Ralph takes over from Peter Nissen assisted SABRENet as the interim CEO following the sad death of the founding CEO James Tizard.
Why can't I log in?
The old SABRENet site has moved to intra.sabrenet.edu.au, and is now an intranet for use by SABRENet members and customers.